During pregnancy, or as we call it the gestation period, it was said in ancient times not to wash your hair during nigh times, as it will harm the baby due to the cold temperature of the water. But that was old school tales. Nowadays, taking care of your hair by washing it twice a week, even in the pregnancy period, is regarded as a complete exceptional task to perform. But, it requires some precautions to take due to the risk of any harm reaching the baby.
How to Neutralize the Ph Balance of Your Skin?
The ph balance of your skin can be balanced if you stop using any skincare products for a minimum time of one week, it will give your skin some time to come to its natural state. However, always use a scarf or any cloth to cover your hair from dirt, pollutant, and harmful ultraviolet radiation of the Sun. Not using any protection in pregnancy might damage your hair to the core, and it will take many months to regain that glow and nourishment. The best shampoo for pregnancy is the one that is not chemical filled as well as having ingredients of a normal hair type because excessive oily or drying products might disturb the ph level of your skin and harm the baby.
Usually, there are so many kinds of hair types we can see on ladies, but the most natural and common ones are explained below:
- Straight: This hair type is admired by every lady. It is the most natural and easy to get hair type. You can comb your hair right after the shower while they are still wet, and you can get a straightening effect in your hair.
- Curly: This hair type seems the most frustrating one among all, but looks so fluffy. Curly hairs with big rolls appear to be bouncier than others.
- Wavy: The mixture of straight and curly hair is known as wavy hair. Your hair looks like waves of an ocean. It looks beautiful to have hair like these. It is the most desired hair type.
- Frizzy: When the ends of your hair are not smooth and appear to be drier, then you have frizz in your hair. In this case, your hair needs proper nourishment. It can be given to them by using an excellent conditioner.
- Greasy: Also known as oily hair, this type of hair accumulates excess oil in them within two or three days. When this kind of situation persists, then it is suggested not to use oil in your hair often. This hair needs more drying products like baking soda, lavender oil, egg yolk, tea tree oil, and many other products containing drying agents in it.
- Dry: Dry hair type requires moisturization on a regular basis. You need to apply shampoo and conditioner having castor oil, mustard oil, mayonnaise, etc.
The factors that determine your hair type include:
- Density: The density of hair means the growth of your hair. It means the speed at which your hair grows and how much space between your hair follicles is present.
- Thickness: Thickness of your hair helps in knowing the volume level of your hair. If you have thick strands of hair, it enhances the volume of your hair, and your hand appears fuller.
- Porosity: This refers to the ability of your hair strands to hold on the moisture. It helps in deciding the hair type by the amount of oil secreted by the sebaceous glands of your hair.
- Texture: The texture of your hair might be soft or harsh, depending on the type of products you use. A little oily product means you have softer and more nourished hair. But having callous hair means you are not having well moisturization and nourishment.
How to determine your skin type before choosing skincare products?
It is a mandatory point to follow. Choosing the right type of products for your skin is known to be one of the most important things to do. For finding suitable products for your hair, it is essential to know what your hair type is. And it is an extremely tricky task to perform.
Tips available to identify hair type
However, there are tips available to identify your hair type:
Look in the mirror
The first step towards getting to know your hair type is to part your hairs from the center by looking into a large mirror.
Measure the angles
With the help of a flashlight, look carefully between the hair follicles by holding a chunk of hair on the one hand.
Then, you have to guess about the density and thickness of your hair by cautiously observing the size between each hair follicle. Your hair can have thick, medium, or low density, depending on the space or area between each pore.
Click a picture
By capturing an image of your head by holding a chunk of hair on another hand. It might help you in estimating your right hair type.
Compare it with a thread
To measure the thickness of each strand of your hair, you will need a strand of cotton thread. You need to place the thread with a single strand of your hair on a white paper and compare the diameter of both of them.
Wash your hair
To identify the porosity of your hair, you need to wash your hair and let it air dry deeply. After some time, check if your hair has retained any moisture after drying completely or not. If it has greasiness in it, your hair type is oily or greasy. If not, then it is normal.
Float your hair strand
If you want to determine the porosity of hair in a much better way, then you need a bowl with water into it. If the strand does not sink, you have hair of low porosity. Sinks to the bottom, you have high porosity hair. If it stays in the middle of the bowl, then it might be of medium porosity.